We are using cookies for ads personalisation and to give you the best experience on our website.
You can know about how Google will use your personal data, here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
Short Story written by: Xavier Catalán Aznar
Sinta was a green star, (strange, huh?) Well, not all stars are white, Sinta was green and one of the most beautiful stars you would ever see.
It was intensely green coloured due to all the trees living on it, trees covering the star, special trees, tall, strong and magic!
The princess of Sinta, Bibi, and her friends Jango and Solo, lived there and always took care of her. Bibi was beautiful, she had one eye, green hair, three ears, four legs and four arms. Ok, I guess you might be thinking how can she be pretty, but I can guarantee thaT she was the most beautiful living creature there.
Sinta had no roads no castles and no cars, it was simply different, everything was magic.
The inhabitants lived in the trees. Bibi lived in the most beautiful one. When she wanted to visit her friend Titi she only had to say:
– “Take me to Titi´s house” – And the big tree used to carry her walking on his roots to Titi´s place.
One day some strange visitors arrived. They had two eyes, two legs, two arms, two ears, and they came from a blue star.
Sinta´s inhabitants were shocked, but gave them a warm welcome because they didn´t know about hate and fear.
– Welcome, can we help you? – asked Bibi
– We want some wood for our blue star – they lied, (as they actually wanted to cut all the trees on Sinta.)
– What´s that? – asked Bibi
– Don´t you understand? Logs come from trees.
Bibi, Jango and Solo started laughing:
– It’s impossible to cut our trees, Sinta´s trees are the strongest trees in the universe.
This made the visitors angry. Bibi calmed them down by taking them to see her father, the King of Sira.
When they explained everything to the King, he said:
– I know you, years and years ago your star was beautiful and you had everything you wanted. But little by little you used up all your resources because you ignored nature and now you have nothing. I should not help you, but I will give you one opportunity. Take one of my trees with you and plant it, the tree will feed the blue star and will create new trees, and living beings. But you can´t touch the tree and you can´t eat its fruit, otherwise, every tree born from him will die”.
They accepted the deal.
– Do you think they will do what you say? – asked Bibi
– I don´t know, they are silly if they don´t, because their planet would be destroyed again.
Share this short story for kids with your friends on Facebook, Google +, or Twitter with the buttons you’ll find at the end of the story. Thank you!
You might also like
RUDOLF, THE BAD MOUSE
Short Story for girls and boys written by: Graccgi. Once upon a time… …there was a mouse called Rudolf who was a very bad mouse. One day, Lucy, Rudolf´s neighbour came back from shopping and needed help carrying her bags full of food, so she asked him: – “Hi Rudolf, Can you help me to carry…
THE KIDNAPPING of SNOW WHITE
Short Story for boys and girls written by: J.Eduardo Lopez.M (Mexicali) In one kingdom on our planet living in peace and harmony were Snow White and the seven dwarves. One day, some ruffians appeared and kidnapped Snow White, leaving a note that said: “Give us 100 million dollars If you want to see Snow White again. Signed: The…
Short Story for boys and girls written by: Lorena Ochoa. In a faraway city, four beautiful girls lived with their Mum and their Dad. The girls loved Christmas, especially the presents they were given. One day, the girls asked their father: – “Does Santa put magic powder taken from fairies over his reindeers so they can fly?”…
THE ADVENTURES OF THE DOG, THE BADGER AND THE CAT (SECOND PART)
Short Story for Kids written by: Mariache (Nicaragua) Click to read: THE ADVENTURES OF THE DOG, THE BADGER AND THE CAT (SECOND PART) …Without thinking about it, Boy-boy jumped into the car and Napoleon ran after him, because his friends were inside. “Ooh, Boy-Boy” – Bubu said almost crying when he saw his friend –…
Next ArticleGUILTY DOG